CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Evan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:21:39 -0400

<< me random thoughts of the show at the 9:30 club last night:
 This makes 11 times I saw them, and would have to say the
 crowd was the lamest of them all!  The club was only about 65-70%
 capacity, so that may have had something to do with it! >>

I actually thought the crowd down on the floor was really into it.  People in
the upper deck were sort of standing around, but down where I was (about half
way to the front) it was one big undulating mass of bodies bouncing up and
down for a number of songs, especially Motel, Fun & Games, Slackjawed, Doin'
You, Hey You, and Try.  A good portion of the crowd didn't seem too familiar
with the new stuff, which is to be expected at this point.
For their encores, they did a cover of Love and Mercy, plus Something to Say,
Over There, and Stone Cold Yesterday.  Over There seemed to be a spur of the
moment decision - a few people kept screaming out for it, so Mike yelled to
the other guys to play it.  After the band walked off following the first
encore, the crowd kept roaring for several minutes, and then Mike, Doug, and
Steve came back out and played "Hey Wow."
The friends that I took have been converted to fans.  I feel bad for my one
friend, though.  I came in late to work the next morning, but she had to be
at work by 7:00 a.m., and we didn't get back to Harrisburg until 2:30 a.m.
 Ouch.

Jamie

P.S.  David - thanks for the stuff.  Were they your Weird Food coasters
flying around that the band got such a kick out of?