CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:58:00 EDT

>  Does anyone know where I could get a hold of the UK Maxi-Singles
>  of "Slackjawed" and "New Boy" (this is excluding a trip to the UK, of
>  course) ? There are very fine acoustic versions of "Running Mary" and
>  "Doin' You" included as B sides.

After nearly two years of persistant searching, I have been unable to locate
an on-line source which regularly stocks any of the European singles. (All of
which now appear to be out of print, btw.... if anyone knows otherwise, please
correct me on this.)  In addition to GEMM and RED.mailorder, Fun Records has
been known to stock reasonably priced used copies of some of the singles.
Their url is
< http://www.funrecords.de/ >  A caveat: They have a fairly large minimum
order, they don't take checks or credit cards; and while I have ordered from
them with no problems, at least one person I know was not pleased with their
service (some merchandise ordered was not received, and the order took a very
long time to arrive).  The one UK source I have purchased from is Cheap or
What! CDs
< http://www.cow.co.uk/ >, but they do not actually have available stock on
anything in their catalog, rather they place an order as needed to supply each
customer.  Sometimes they can get things, sometimes they can't.....

While there are lots of loooong lists of web-based music stores, I am fond of
the one at www.ubl.com.  Be prepared to spend lots of time systematically
going through useless web site after useless web site, and always remember to
search ( if they have a search engine, that is ), under "Connels" as well as
"Connells".

Some places that claim to have various of the maxi-singles, but really don't,
are:  CDEurope, TeleCD, and WMI.  ( It is a cruel hoax, and we revile them for
their lies and deceit....... )

> Secondly, at the Detroit show, there was a giveaway of a "limited
>  edition" Still Life CD. Does anyone possibly know what makes that CD
>  unique (bonus tracks or whatever)?  Can I buy this anywhere? Any info is
>  appreciated.

I too am interested in any information regarding this.  :)