CONNELLS Archives

November 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 17:08:54 -0500
Kevin,

Would you mind if I put this on the web page?  If so, could you give me a
rough set-list?  Thanks.

-Art

>-----------------------
>Sender:       The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Kevin Ring <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Nov. 7th show in raleigh
>
>What a night it was... I got to the ritz about 2:00pm on thursday afternoon
>with a couple of friends of mine to help unload the sound equipment.  We
>did that (whoopie, but I got a free ticket for it) and then the bands
>equipment got there.  I was hoping to see the band there and maybe catch a
>soundcheck, but unfortunately neither of those things happened.  I saw
>peele when he was switching around his drum heads and dave came in right
>before we left to go back home before the show...
>
>Now to the fun part.  The show was incrediable.  They played pretty much
>the same set list with a few exceptions.  a friend of mine from the school
>newspaper has the set list written down and I will relay it relatively soon
>because I think there is a new cover in there.  At any rate, the coolest
>part of the whole night was when my best friend, who was wearing an aweful
>glittery thing that he had bought for halloween, was noticed by doug and
>got a complement from him about it.  seth then took it off and handed it to
>doug who waited a few songs (can't rember which one off the top of my head)
>and then put it on for a song or two.  it was very cool, at least for me....
>
>at any rate, after the show, I volunteered my assistance packing shit up
>for the band and the sound guys one again, thinking that I might get to see
>the band, but unfortunately, they didn't come down front after the show
>like they normally do.  I understand, they're at home and had their friends
>a family there to hang out with so they didn't care much about us that
>night, but it was kind of a bummer as I was looking forward to talking to
>mike since I did that interview with him last week...
>
>Also, in other news, those who can make it to the Nov. 30 show in winston
>salem.  I made a bet with doug about the show.  As most of you know, doug
>went to ECU.  I go to NC state.  On the 30th, NC state and ECU meet in
>charlotte for the first time in several years.  the rivalry is pretty
>intense (the last time we played them at home, they won and they tore down
>OUR goalposts)  anyway, Doug said that if state won the game, that he would
>play, "whatever I wanted to hear"  I intened to take him up on it :)  I'll
>be at the game and as soon as it is done, I'll be in the car headed for the
>show....
>
>anyway, sorry this is so long... I just had a pretty good night..
>
>kevin
>

>Kevin Ring -- [log in to unmask]
>"What's barely out of reach is what might have been" -- connells

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)
513-529-2628 (d)
513-529-8525 (f)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
NCSA:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/NCSA.htmlx
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
   "What goes wrong, your causing it." - J. Farrar