CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:03:35 EDT
>Sorry Rafaella, it was all in jest, all in good humor.  :)

lt's okay :) and l'd like to thank Daniel for that explanation of "come out".
I know that it means to say that you are homosexual but l thought maybe it
means in the context of the song that maybe 'why come out with something (a
personal opinion or something) when the whole world doesn`t know how to handle
it' or something like that. But if it is meant like the usual usage of "coming
out" then l don't know what it shall mean for the whole context as well LOL

Oh my, l hope l didn't understand all lyrics wrong ;) "Hey you" is really only
a mixture of different sentences put together quickly?? l thought there is a
real meaning in that song.
l thought that "Standing back before the angels get to me. Well it seems the
better way to go" could mean that one tries to get something very hard but
there is no chance to succeed so it's better to forget that thing.
And "Holding back on those who want the best for me. Well l can't be blamed
for trying" --> That one sticks to the ones who want the best for oneself now
and that one cant be blamed for trying to achieve that something. (Can anyone
follow my thoughts???)
Well but with the rest l dont know what it could mean. Maybe l am totally
wrong with my thoughts, l guess l am LOL

Maybe we could post some questions to BlackPark of songs we all dont know what
they mean after having discussed them here and they can post them to the
'Nells.

Thanx also for telling me what "the best there is, is the rest that was"
means. l really like that and after knowing now what it means, it is the
perfect way to explain how one feels then.