CONNELLS Archives

February 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Beth Gerstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:45:38 EST
My this brings back memories........my  best road trip story was way back in
94 when  we  drove from Virginia Beach to Columbia SC (8 hrs) to see the
Connells in Rock Hill, SC.  I had just finished grad school,  my younger sis,
Nancy, was a student at USC and one of her assignments as  the features editor
for the newspaper was to cover the concert and interview the band.  She was
allowed to take one person with her for the interview (me- I wouldve killed
her!), but there were a whole slew of us that caravaned from USC.   When we
got to the concert site, Im not too familiar with the area so I dont remember
where it was, there were maybe 15 people there.  The band hadnt arrived yet.
So, hung out and had a good old time.  Once the bus arrived, we were only
supposed to interview Mike, but all of the guys stopped and let us interview
them.  They were all so cool!!   They signed our stuff and Nancy and I even
took a picture with George (he had long hair back then,seems kinda corny to
say that now).   There were some technical problems with the stage, so the
guys mingled with the crowd (maybe 100 people were there) until it was time
for sound check.  Peele hung out with our group for the whole day, he was
showing us pictures of his wife and of his friendsin the band the Veldt (great
band, if they are still together, go see them, they ROCK!).  Once they finally
played, it was fabulous as usual.  We stayed around after the show for a
little bit and then headed back to USC and eventually back home.  Great time.
Sorry for the disjointed memory, Im a horrible writer!

Beth

PS  If anyone knows if the Veldt are still together, please e-mail me!

Beth Gerstein, MS, RD
Cardiac Rehab/Heart Transplant dietitian
 Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
600 Gresham Dr
Norfolk, VA 23507