CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:44:57 -0800
Hi All!

Since I just read about the last 40 posts to this list all at once
I'll just make some overall comments.  This, of course, means I'm
de-lurking and every time I de-lurk I make a fool out of myself, but
here goes...

I like DeDe's email idea.  Gosh knows I have emailed our local "modern
rock" (?hahaha?!!) station many times about playing the Connells, with
no success that I know of (of course, the station SUCKS!, so that
might explain why).  The college station here (University of
Kentucky--Go Cats!) does occasionally play the band, or used to before
they switched to what seems to be an
all-outer-space-music-all-the-time format.

How's this for a discussion topic?  If you could choose one Connells
tape to take with you to the omnipresent
shipwrecked-on-the-deserted-island, which would it be? Doesn't have to
be your favorite, but the one you could listen to over and over.  I
would pick OSW.  In my opinion the most commercial, but I love it
anyway!  The harmonies are rich, the melodies are irresistable, and
the songs are just starting to take on the more sophisticated (not in
a bad way!) tone that becomes more pronounced with each following
album.

One more thing...Here comes yet another whine about the darn video
collection...Now that Jack has also come forward from the slacker
branch, is there any one out there who could take supreme pity on us
and do videos for us?  O.K., flames can begin...now!

Sorry to take up your time,

Tracey

P.S.  I LOVE the cover pic on WFAD!  It brings a smile to my face
every time I see it. :>