CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:24:13 EST
(Warning!  Cranky woman content!)

Firstly, is anyone else saddened by the fact that we are seven weeks away from
the new cd coming out, and this list is so dead it's beginning to smell bad?
If the 230 of us don't care enough to talk about the Connells (and apparently
most of us don't), what are the chances that the rest of the world will care
either?  Accidentally posted private e-mails, apologies for same and resultant
flames alone do not make for a healthy list.....  call me crazy, but I yearn
for genuine debate and substantive discussion.  Many of us were recently
exposed to the Connells' videos recently... did anyone like them? Dislike
them? Why? How about reopening the WFAD topic, now that we've all got some
persective on it?  Y'all know what I mean.... Any opinions, observations,
reflections or ideas....?  Or am I really the only one who cares what the rest
of the list thinks about this stuff?????

On a lighter note, I have a spare copy of the CMJ Certain Damage Vol. 75 cd,
which includes "Fifth Fret".... if any needs it and has something interesting
to trade, e-mail me privately, please.

Finally, the Gufs' Collide Sessions cd is indeed a fine, fine thing. ( And I'm
seeing the John Easdale Band  & Pat DiNizio on Friday night. )

Sorry for the rant, but at least it was Connells-related.