CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 01:45:00 -0100
 > What exactly are we defining as a solo here?

The intro in "Voodoo Chile" with Jimi Hendrix, for example. I guess there's a
thousands of definitions on what a solo "is". But what I had in mind was the
Hendrix style.

 > If the criteria we are using is that any REAL solo has to be
 > REALLY long, the point is stupid.

Absolutely.

*cut*

 > If anyone has any doubt about musicianship within the Connells, let me
 > share my opinions about the band:

No one has expressed any doubt about their musicianship. If I didn't think they
were the best I wouldn't buy all their albums.

*cut*

 > So what's my point after all that - the Connells are not a jam oriented
 > band, so don't expect long solos.  At the same time, don't insult their
 > music and plying ability by saying they don't do solos, open your ears
 > and listen for them - you know, those guitar lines usually over the cool
 > chord changes in the bridge...

I don't think I've insulted them by asking for solos ? la Hendrix, or? It would
be fun to hear what the band has to say. Any reason is good. Still, it would be
fun to know how a Connells solo would sound like... ;)

.jbn.