CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Scott Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 23:01:48 -0400
Here is the set list (as written) for the 25 Sept show in Richmond:

Maybe, 5th Fret, Hang On, Hey, Doin, Pretty Ruff, New Boy, Scotty's, Smoke,
Try,
Gun, Start, Sal, 74-75, Any, Let It Go, Slack, Motel, F&G

First encore:  Over, SCY
Second encore:  Winn Dixie Theme, Choose

Show started at 6:00 and finished at 7:30.  A total bargain for $5!  There
was a considerable crowd on-hand (approx 2,000-2,500 - I guess)

Let me explain the Winn Dixie song.  Prior to the show, Peele said that the
band had just learned and practiced a surprise song for the show.  It lasted
around 30 seconds and included all members playing.  I think it definitely
deserves classification as a Snippet if not a Song.

This was a good tune-up show for their tour which begins in 4 days.  See you
at the DC, Norfolk, and Charlotte (I hope) shows.

Scott

P.S.  Mark Jenkins of the Wash Post is an idiot!