CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mark Nater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 18:03:44 -0400
>Sender:       The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       [log in to unmask]
>Subject:      Missing songs?
>
>Back in May, Terry Barrett posted a message to this list with
>a preliminary track listing for *Weird Food & Devastation*.  He
>claimed it was from a "poorly handwritten label, so they probably
>aren't perfect."
>
>Nonetheless, it seems to me that some of the titles didn't make
>it to the released version -- there are some entries in the
>early list that can't be mapped to any actual songs on the CD,
>regardless of how mangled they may have been on the handwritten
>label:
>
>  Astrology
>  Julie
>  Brown
>  Who Are You Fooling
>  Sliver
>  Turned Around
>  Bitter Pill
>
>Do we have some lost tracks, like "Logan Street" and "Wonder Why"
>were dropped from *Ring*?  Does anybody know?  Adam?

Steve,

As with most recording projects, there were more songs recorded than were
actually needed for the album.  In the case of the WFAD tracking sessions,
21 songs were recorded in 3 weeks.  The seven songs you mentioned in your
your question.

later

*          Mark Nater          *
* http://www.shadow.net/~smark *