CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:08:03 EDT
OK, all, I have to share something with you.  I have been a Connells fan for
about nine years now, have seen them all over, have all the albums (does this
sound familiar to most of you?), but have only twice in my life heard them on
the radio around Wilmington, DE (unless I requested it - I'm talking about
unsolicited hearings).  So, last night, I'm sitting at a little bar that I
frequent in Bear, and I start singing along to the background music.  The next
thing you know, I'm jumping around the bar acting like a complete idiot.  It
was "Crown" and I was going crazy.  Now, as if that weren't enough to really
make my night, about two and a half hours later (I have a friend who works
there - I was there for a while) I realize that I'm listening to "Still Life".
I really could not believe it.  I cornered the manager and asked him where the
music was coming from (I know they don't have the Connells in the jukebox) and
he said that it's piped in from some satellite, and that places all over get
the same music.  Can you believe it?  I think this is a VERY good sign that
people are finally getting serious about the Connells.  And I for one,
couldn't be happier!
Kimberly :}