CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Matthew Rumfelt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:19:57 -0700
I'm back on the list now after a brief absence whilst moving out of
Tejas...so here's my $0.02 worth:

First, saw them at the FABULOUS 40 Watt show in Athens, GA in
June...managed to nab a set list and drink much Pabst Blue Ribbon
(only $1.50!).  I'll see them later this month in my hometown of
Jackson, MS and also the Memphis show.  I've seen them before, and the
40 Watt show was the best thus far, in my opinion.  The Still Life
songs sound incredible live, plus I got to hear Get a Gun live.

As far as the songs go, Circlin' is the best, followed closely by
Leper, Curly's and Gonna Take a Lie.  Curly's has that southern
gospel-feel to it, and I read somewhere that it was written a few
years back while on a train in Europe with a real driver named Curly.
I really love the new album, but still struggle with that part of
Glade where those strange noises come in--I usually listen to about
the first 2:00, then skip ahead.
It's good to be back on the list!