CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:28:24 -0800
---Keeter <[log in to unmask]> sez:

> Connell folk....
> I told CMJ to devote some attention to The Connells, and it appears it
> may indeed happen...to a large extent. The guy I corresponded with
> said College Music Journal will be reviewing the new album in June
> (some sort of explanation about delaying it balh blah blah) he also
> said they are considering doing a feature on them later in the summer.
> If they can resurrect
> their rightful claim on College Airwaves, then Maybe Just maybe....I'm
> really tired and babbling incoherently. Sorry.
O.K., everyone, I was saving this for closer to release time, but
since I've just found out there will be some delays in my plans, I'll
tell y'all now.

I am compiling a list of EVERY RADIO STATION IN THE COUNTRY that will
be receiving the new 'Nells album promo.  I will then hunt down the
e-mail address for EACH AND EVERY STATION.  I plan on posting the list
of addresses to this listserve with this in mind:  no one can tell
from an e-mail address where the sender is located.  Therefore, if
EVERYONE ON THE LIST will send an e-mail to EVERY RADIO STATION,
requesting the Connells, their chances of getting airplay should go
up.  Dontcha think?  People I know who work in radio say that the
decision to play a certain cut IS influenced to some extent by
requests.  If everyone would send an e-mail AT LEAST ONCE, if not more
often, I think it would go far in getting our guys the recognition
they deserve.

Alright, what do y'all think of my "little scheme"?
==

Dede
"Out of boredom/ I decided/ I'd get with it"--MCC