CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 1995 17:21:47 -0500
I have been a Connells fan since seeing them all the time when I was in
college in North Carolina. It's true, either TVT needs to get their act
together or the Connells should probably shop for a new place to hang their
songs.

Come on guys, you are great! Let more of the nation know it!

Laters,
Mike

Hey Mike,

The Connells did try to find a new label.  The long gap between One Simple
Word and Ring was mostly from moves made by TVT and the Connells.  TVT did
not want to let them go and there were legal recriminations.  I believe that
since they were not amassing a fortune or a huge following, an arrangement
was made where the Connells would have more creative control and TVT would
leave them alone.

Say, does anyone have any more recent tour info?  Also, how do people like
the list?  Any suggestions?  Once again, kudos to Bob for the web page.

-Art