CONNELLS Archives

March 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rick Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 15:28:25 -0800
My brother and I went up to Raleigh last evening to see Doug.  He's doing
well; not a lot of pain (he just gets pain relievers at night so he can
sleep better).  His doctor originally wanted to do surgery in 6 weeks, but
Doug has talked him into doing it this week.  He's not sure but he thinks
it will be Thursday.  Then he'll get to go home next week and have a few
weeks to recover.  His wife said he hasn't had any solid food since he
first was admitted in Mass., so he's "bored and hungry."  The "hungry" part
we can't do anything about, but if people send him cards, letters,
magazines, games, etc., maybe we can help alleviate the "bored".

Dede