CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:00:34 -0400
I also attended the show on Saturday evening.  The funniest thing was
that it was a charity show for a church and your $25 admission was
accompanied by 10 drink tickets for BEER!!  Needless to say, the crowd
had a great time.

As for the Connells, they played a great show and Doug was in fine form.
I was wearing my "Fun and Games" shirt and several attendees asked me
about the band.  They mentioned that they had never heard of them, but
loved the music they were hearing.  Of course, I mentioned that they are
the greatest band in the world.  Many asked about which albums to
purchase to check them out.  It was very exciting to see the passion
that The Connells were able to inspire from those who had never heard
their music before.  Tower Records was handing out $2 off coupons for
Connells albums at the exits as well.

I spoke with Peele for about 20 minutes after the show and he enjoyed
the show, but was ready for dinner.  The Madison, WI show was canceled
so the band was going to spend the weekend in Chicago.  He mentioned
that he is playing with another band as well (Park Life? or something
like that! - remember the beer tickets)

Anyway, it was my 16th time seeing them, but first on this tour due to
my move to Michigan.  This was a great outdoor festival and nothing like
the Minneapolis show.

The next morning, I went to breakfast with friends and one mentioned
that the waitress looked like she was in the "free love" zone at the
concert.  Sure enough, she was a dirty dancer who stated her love for
the Connells music.  Funny ending to a great weekend.

Scott