CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Ocampo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:22:57 -0500
>i'm not trying to be mean, but i honestly do not understand how someone can
>enjoy the connells and also enjoy phish.  everyone is welcome to their own
>tastes - this is just one band i don't understand being used in the same
>sentence with the connells.
>
>                                        -alfred

<Wearing my flame proof suit, with a bucket of water at my side>
In that case, I personally find it difficult to include WFAD in the same
sentence with any of the other Connells albums--even though this release is
more representative of the entire group.  The Connells have a particular
and unique sound I enjoy, however, WFAD does not appeal to me at all.  I
don't think this makes me any less of a fan than those who like WFAD, but
it does make me realize how much more I like Mike's songs.  Musical taste
is not universal.  Just because we on this listserv recognize and
appreciate the talent of the Connells, it doesn't mean that we're all going
to like the same groups or even the same Connells songs. I disagree with
the Washington Post's review on only one point: "...WFAD should please the
band's fans".  It didn't please this one, but it will definitely give this
fan a lot more time to listen to their other albums-- because that disc
will remain on my CD rack collecting dust between the Cocteau Twins and
Aaron Copeland.

Dan Ocampo
Community Development Coordinator for North Campus
201 Robert Purcell Community Center
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY  14853
(607) 255-5533