CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
ZEITGEIST <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:31:12 -0400
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Tucker Cawley wrote:

* snip *

> There are few things more frustrating than waiting for a new Connells album
> to arrive.  I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for an August 6
> release, as TVT always pushes back album due dates.  As I recall, the "One
> Simple Word" release was delayed again and again and again until it finally
> arrived months after it was promised.

* snip *

I can name one:  waiting for the Trashcan Sinatras latest release.  You
want to talk about bad record companies ?  Their label, Go!, has pushed
back the latest release for a year.  We die-hard fans used list members
in France and Japan to send us imports.

I never fully realized the importance of proper artist support via their
respective record companies.  These two lists have allowed me to see a
little more 'inside' and observe how callously quality bands are treated.

Brett