CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Scott Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:08:39 -0400
Some interesting Connells music on compilations, soundtracks, etc.

1.  The Heavy Soundtrack - "74-75"  Released about a month ago; contains a
great Evan Dando song, "Frying Pan, which is also on the Sweet Relief
Compilation.

2.  P.C.U. Soundtrack - "Slackjawed"

3.  Freedom of Choice Compilation - A cover of the Splint Enz classic, "I Got
You."  The Connells performed this live during their late '94 tour.

4.  Spin Magazine Sampler #4:  Released in late '93 to new subscribers;
contains "Slackjawed," as the lead-off song.  Also contains Mazzy Star's,
"Fade Into You."

5.  And the best for last - The very tasty Golden Grahams Cereal!!  There is
an offer of a free CD containing "'74-'75," on the back of the cereal box if
you mail in 3 UPC symbols.
Don't forget to eat breakfast, I need 2 more boxes!

As for answering many of the questions posed during the last couple of days:

I went to Miami University for undergrad where I was introduced to the
Connells.  Moved to California for the next 3 years.  There were actually a
lot of fans in CA and the band played L.A. during '92.  However, the shows
were limited and my move to DC has enabled me to see them quite frequently.

Internationally, I sent copies of the Connells tapes to some friends in
Australia.  They are all hooked.  One actually had a layover at LAX during
'93 and spent his time going to a record store to pick up a copy of Ring.

Let's get a copy of "Bitter Pill" and any other B-sides started on the tree!
 Also, if anyone has any of the Techno versions of "'74-'75," please let me
know.  A friend traveled to Europe last year and the first bar he entered in
Poland was playing it.  When he went to London, it was playing in the clubs,
as well.

Hope to see you at the Richmond and D.C. shows!

Scott

P.S.  Kerri - As a student at GMU, did you see them at the free show in May?