CONNELLS Archives

May 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"S. Kelly Sears" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 18:20:49 EST5EDT
I remember seeing a UK vinyl version of Darker Days many years ago
which had different cover art and different tracks in comparison to
the domestic TVT release of Darker Days.  Was the UK release the same
as that pressed initially by the band on their own Black Park label?
Does anyone know the track listing for the UK version and why there
were different songs on that album?  Has this version been released
in the UK on CD?

In a previous post it was mentioned that The Connells are popular in
Germany.  Have any CD singles been released there (or else where
in Europe) that have not been released in the U.S.?  I bring this up
because the CD version of Fun and Games has a bonus track, Fine
Tuning, and it happens to be one of my favorite songs, and I would
like to know if there are any other songs or b-sides that I am unaware
of. I haven't been to Germany, but I was in France a couple of years
ago and I never saw anything by The Connells.  However, I'll be in
Europe again this summer and I was wondering if I should be looking in
the CD stores for other product.

In addition, I mentioned in a previous post that I saw The
Connells/Big Dipper in Boston in December 1991 (or 1990 can't
remember off hand).  I do remember surreptitiously recording the show
on a Sony Walkman Professional.  However I was so worried about
getting caught and having my Walkman confiscated that I didn't fully
enjoy the show as much as I should have.  I never again attempted to
tape any concert.S. Kelly Sears
Earth and Planetary Sciences
McGill University
3450 University Street