CONNELLS Archives

August 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 06:33:37 -0700
--- Dilip Chandran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The Mayflies were a great band in general and I hope to see them
> again!  My brother and I were discussing how the songs that they
> selected were very much in the same tempo.
>
> They reminded me of the Replacements--------yet lacking the
> creativity (to be honest).  Many of their songs are catchy-----please
> don't get me wrong------they're a great opening act.  However, I hope
> I hear more "friendly" tunes.
>
> I wish them the best------to keep working on refining the songs and
> their performance in general.
>
> Thanks!!!!!!
>
> Dilip Chandran

Thanks for the kind words about the Mayflies.  They're a young band
yet, so will keep getting better.  Anyone in the Triangle area, the
'Flies will be at Humble Pie (a bar/restaurant) tonight--come out and
see them.  I'll be there--buy me a beer!

===
Dede

"Just by chance, maybe not more,
We can touch what we live for."--Scott Miller