CONNELLS Archives

October 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:30:44 -0700
--- [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Since there is next to no Connells news these days, what else are
> people on
> the list into these days? Any good recommendations other than the
> Mayflies?

HEY!;D

> I'm seeing the Jayhawks in November and looking forward to that. Any
> other
> recommendations for bands on tour right now?

CONTINENTAL DRIFTERS, BAY-BEE!!!!  Saw them in April in Chapel Hill and
was floored.  Going to see them here in town on Saturday.  Also, Mitch
Easter's new band Shalini are on tour--it's almost Let's Active.  Steve
Earle will be around and about in November, going to see him in
Raleigh.  Jolene's been doing shows around here lately.  I missed Mike
Watt in Raleigh last week because I was on vacation.  Not a whole lot
else going on.  Seems like the majority of the bands that have been
coming around are the newer ones, and I'm afraid I'm just not going to
waste my time and money on most of that crap.  I DID resist the
temptation to go see Stone Temple Pilots and Godsmack...Godsmack is my
most recent guilty pleasure.

=====
Dede

"Woody Guthrie carves a sign on his guitar that says, 'This machine kills fascists.'
Ani DiFranco says, 'Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.'
I say, 'Here's a monkey wrench; if you bop me on the head long enough,
Maybe I'll wake up for a second.'"----Dan Bern

 message to [log in to unmask] or contact [log in to unmask]