CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Garrett Hirth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 00:48:08 -0400
I've been on this list for a long while, and this is my first post.  The
show tonight definitely inspired me to come out of from under the
floorboards.  The Museum Park was an spiffy place to see the boys play.
All the bands (Hobex, Six String Drag) remarked on the quality and laid
back feel of the place.  No security types freaking out everytime someone
came within 10 ft of the band.  People were actually dancing on stage!!
Doug remarked that it was much like playing in a living room.  Really
comfortable.

Great set... Something off every album, plus the expected Cruel to be Kind
for an encore.  I don't know if its just me or what, but it seems that The
Connells concerts seem to build themselves up with every passing song... I
always start out just sitting and swaying for the first half of the set ,
but I'm always up and sweaty by the end.  I think Motel was the turning
point with this set.  You just can't sit through the explosion that is the
chorus.  Most bands seem to be more up and down randomly throughout there
set with the predictable "hit" to get the fans screaming for an encore.
Who does the set list most of the time?  Anybody know?

Couple more random questions... Who kissed Mike?  Friend of mine works
with a woman named Andrea who she claims is married to a member of the
band... but she doesn't know which one.  Can anybody confirm that and fill
in the blank?

til next time,

Garrett

"I want to write like God, cause I know he is a poet
 I want to sing like an angel and make the heavens fall"
                                -Doxy's Kitchen