CONNELLS Archives

August 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:27:32 -0400
Hello,

I think that it would be great publicity for the guys to include a song on
the CD that sandi describes.  In fact, if I were on the band's management
team, I would try to get a song on several compilations so as to spread
information and interest about the band.  Since the band does not have to
pay to get on a song on the compilation or for any of the production or
distribution costs, it should appear to be an attractive deal to the band.
I would mention the idea with any details to several band members and the
band's management.

Take care all, -Art

Date:    Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:36:47 -0400
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Using the Internet and more

i havn't emailed the boys about this yet, but you guys tell me if YOU
think it's a good idea before i start talking to them about it....i work
for a nj magazine called "the underground"---we've already run one major
article on the connells, one good sized concert review, and have
mentioned them in about 6 different issues (gee, they must have a friend
at the magazine who likes getting their name out there :) ) ....anyway,
the magazine (which is free and distributed in clubs and record stores
in new jersey and new york) puts out a local band compilation cd (also
free with the mag) twice a year----bands pay 75 bucks to get on the
thing, and it's sent to radio stations etc.---they usually run about
2000 copies or so...anyway, they have another one coming up, and they
asked me  and a couple others to ask some of our friends in more well
known bands  if they wanted to contribute a track (and no, they wouldn't
have to pay, only us poor tiny local bands have to) to get the thing
some extra noteriety........so far, i think someone has a hook in with
the promise ring, and i have pat dinizio/smithereens totally committed
to it already---i've been asked to ask the connells as well.....should i
bother or do you think they won't do it??  dede??  i'm not in the mood
to call ed right now :) .....anyway, it's free publicity for them, i
know it's not a huge magazine, but cmj charges a hell of a lot of money
to get on their comps....shit, i'd even throw in a big ole' new cd
review for them.....any opinions???----sandi

Dr. Arthur J. Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Miami University
500 East High Street, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (O)   513-529-8525 (F)
http://www.miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
"Wishes, I suppose, mean nothing when they're... tossed away"
  -M. Connell, "I Suppose" from the record _Boylan Heights_

 message to [log in to unmask] or contact [log in to unmask]