CONNELLS Archives

June 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 16:02:10 -0700
I, too, first heard of the Gufs from this list.  I think sommebody on
here knows them..Rob Hanus?  So when I saw one of their albums in the
used bin, I picked it up.  Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me
at all.  Maybe I just need to give it another listen, but with me stuff
usually clicks right off the bat or not at all.  Not that I thought
they were bad or anything, just not my cup of tea.  Can I get anymore
cliches in this post?

As for The Great White North, I know the guys played in Canada for One
Simple Word and Ring tours, but whether Montreal specifically I don't
know.  Maybe they'll make a run up there when the new album comes out,
which they are recording AS WE SPEAK!!!!!

NP: nothing, but I *did* listen to Soul Asylum's _Hang Time_ this
morning...one of the hard-rockin'-est albums of all time and my fave
Soul Asylum album.
===
Dede

"Give it up, halfway back the room!
Halfway back the room ain't givin' up *shit*."--DJMacMillan