CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 08:28:52 -0700
Marc <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What's the big "secret?"  It's a song that might be released to radio.
>  Wow!  Keep it quiet!  I don't understand what this is all about.  It
> reminds me of a somewhat nasty message I received when I was lucky
> enough to obtain a promo of "Still Life" before it was released.  This
> same individual questioned my right to the disc before its release
> date.  Please!  If you're privy to *real* secret information, please
> do share - we're all fans here.  Otherwise, please stop toeing this
> pseudo moral corporate line thing.  Believe it or not, I bet TVT
> *wants* people talking about the next single, and they also press
> promo CDs to create a buzz among the population.  Bottom line - it's
> good for the band (and the label)!!!
I think the big issue is this:  you never know who might be on this
list.  And if some information that is not supposed to be released to
the public yet is posted, then people who *know* it's not supposed to
be released will see it, and wonder who leaked it.  And somebody's ass
is grass.  I, for one, don't want my friends who are supplying me with
info, promos, etc., to get fired or even chewed out for just being a
friend.  Therefore, if I have info that I've been told is not for the
public yet (or I intuit that it is not), I keep it to myself...or
maybe just tell a couple of close friends.  It's got more to do with
"cover your friends' asses" than "corporate morality", at least in my
case.
==

Dede
"Out of boredom/ I decided/ I'd get with it"--MCC