ENG131A Archives

November 2011

ENG131A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephanie Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami Univ ENG131 Section A (Prof BrittonHarwood) Fall 2011
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:47:13 -0500
The battle between the good side and the bad side of people is very clear in Dr. Faustus. I think that one of the main reasons that it is throughout the work it to allow the reader to empathize with what is going on, everyone has been torn between two things in a moral dilemma. I also think that these dilemmas and the ties they have to the seven deadly sins bring him back to reality almost. Even though he has all of these new magical powers, the fact that he has to make the choice and realize that he is doing something wrong makes him seem human.