GRADCOLL Archives

February 1997

GRADCOLL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bobbie Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Graduate Student Collective <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 17:30:13 +0000
Hello all - I'm new to the grad collective discussion list, and
am really interested in finding out exactly what this is all about.
I found the quote that was on the welcome message intriguing, and
would love to hear someone expound what has been discussed thus far.

I am a master's student in Family Studies at Miami, and a graduate
assistant for the Institute for Educational Renewal.  I am proud to
be labeled by many as a "bleeding heart liberal", and am looking for
some enlightened others to converse with about social issues.  I have
been very disappointed by the caliber of some of the graduate
students I have come across in this department - many of them have very
narrow ideas about social phenomena.

I am an older student - 29 - with two daughters and plan to do my
thesis on low-income female heads of households and access to higher
education.  Unfortunately, my sample is dropping like flies around
here because of the new welfare reform.

Anyway, that is me - I'm looking forward to hearing more from
everyone!!

Bobbie J. Rooney, Graduate Assistant
Institute for Educational Renewal based at
Miami University
Oxford OH  45056
(513) 529-2869
http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~rooneybj/