INNISBRK Archives

July 1997

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Truelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 08:05:27 -0400
At 12:10 PM 7/8/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Sender:       Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Ernie Waldstein <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Titles for visitors
>
>For our management development programs we use a significant number of
>faculty from outside our School.  Apart for the payment we make to them we
>would like to give them some recognition by giving them a title.
>
>We (for political reasons!) cannot give them titles such as 'visiting
>professor' or 'distinguished fellow'.  We have not come up with a
>reasonable alternative.  The title really has to be only 2 or 3 words and
>express their involvement with the School as a temporary presenter/director
>of a short management development program. Titles such as 'visiting
>executive program director' express the intent but are too long.
>
>Do you use such a title?  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Good question. We've had a couple of problems with people refering to
themselves (in their own promotional materials) as "Cornell faculty." Bad
instructor -- no doughnut!

We call them "program faculty" or "executive education instructors."
Sometimes we call them "Bruce."

 Jeff S. Truelsen, Associate Director
 Office of Mgmt. & Exec. Education, Cornell/ILR
 220 ILR Conference Center, Ithaca, NY 14853 USA
 voice:607-255-5686 / fax:607-255-3274 / [log in to unmask]