INNISBRK Archives

August 1997

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Peter M. Vantine" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 08:58:53 -0400
We rarely deal with people who "control" the enrollment of multiple people
to a program (we DO get multiple people from a company, but they are
usually self selectors who often are not even acquainted with the other
people in the program from their company).  When we DO deal with people who
say that they want to send multiple people, if they ask, we tell them that
we do not normally provide a quantity discount.  I have never had anyone
back away when we tell them this.  We are charging a high enough tuition
and the people are high-value enough that the tuition level, plus or minus
ten percent, is not a big enough deal to make or break the sale.

.

>Sender:       Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Ernie Waldstein <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Discount Fees for programs
>
>We are looking at what discounts we should give to our better customers.
>
>For example at the moment we give a 15% discount on some of our programs
>where the same company sends three or more people to the same program.
>
>What is your 'discount' policy - what is its purpose - for example getting
>more enrolements and/or rewarding better customers?  Any comments on
>success etc?
>
>I will summarise the replies and send them on to all who reply.

>Mr Ernie Waldstein, Director, Executive Program Unit
>Australian Graduate School of Management
>The University of New South Wales
>Sydney, NSW Australia 2052
>Telephone: (61 2) 9931 9339             Facsimile: (61 2) 9662 8862
>http://www.agsm.unsw.edu.au/

Peter M. Vantine
Associate Dean and Director
Executive and Professional Programs