JOURMAJR Archives

November 2013

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:19:13 -0500
Hi there!

We’ve got some room left in some really great 300-level journalism classes, but wait lists for others (including the JRN 421 capstone). I’m writing to let you know that we can make adjustments to your DAR if you weren’t able to get into JRN 318 and you want to consider taking JRN 303 or 350 (the sports journalism class has lots of room), for instance. If you’re interested in taking JRN 329, we can count that as one of your analytical requirements — we just need to submit a DAR adjustment on that as well. And last, if you are taking a College of Arts and Science capstone in your other major, we could also sub one of the 350 classes for your capstone requirement in JRN.

If you are double-majoring in Strategic Communication, the chief departmental advisor for that program, Bill Brewer, has said he also will make DAR adjustments if you weren’t able to get into JRN 202 or 318 and would like to sign up for one of the other 300-level JRN classes instead (the only pre-req for them is JRN 201).

We also are working on adding one, possible two sections of JRN 201, since most of those sections are full. Hopefully, we can get a section added before first-year students start registering tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have office hours tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10-11 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m. and I’m adding office hours Wednesday from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. I also can make advising appointments during much of the day Thursday as well. My office is in 145 Williams. Dr. Campbell has open advising hours as well on Fridays this semester from 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. He’s in 201 Williams.

Cheryl Gibbs
Journalism Program Coordinator
and Chief Departmental Advisor