JOURMAJR Archives

October 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Glenn Feltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:23:18 -0400
Note from Cheryl Heckler-Feltz

Fellow writers,

I am taking a van full of students to Cleveland on Nov. 10-12 to attend
the
National Council of Churches annual conference.

We still have room for a couple more people.

You will be a working journalist on site.

You will have a chance to meet former UN Ambassador Andrew Young.
Bishop Desmond Tutu also is schedule to be there, but that is not
confirmed yet.

We have a grant to cover the bulk of travel expenses. It may cost you
$10-15
for the ride.

We are staying at Notre Dame College. This will cost each student a
total
of $45.

You also are responsible for your own food.

Your have your choice of doing radio work, writing press releases or
filing with
some news agencies while there.

All major Christian denominations are represented. You could request to
work directly with the National Council of Catholic Bishops, the
executive
council for the Presbyterian Church USA, etc.

If interested, write to me at

        [log in to unmask] ---- Friday through Monday

or     [log in to unmask] ----- Tuesday through Thursday

Cheryl