JOURMAJR Archives

March 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linda Crider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:35:22 -0500
I cannot vouch for this program, but I thought it might interest some of you.
Linda Crider

WHAT: Environmental Journalism Academy

WHERE: American University in Washington, D.C.

WHEN: June 14-19, 1999

HOW: The Academy will teach students how to cover the environment through
workshops on selected environmental issues, a field trip to a D.C.
environmental hotspot, panel discussion with leaders in environmental
journalism, and the opportunity to write and file their own environmental
story for national syndication with the National Environmental Wire for
Students.

HOW MUCH: $25 (this includes conference costs, housing and most meals.
Limited travel scholarships to Washington, D.C., are available, and every
effort will be made to ensure that no student is turned away for lack of
funds.

HOW TO APPLY: Call 202-234-5993 or e-mail [log in to unmask]

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 29, 1999

WEB SITE: www.envirocitizen.org/news