MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
March Hare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 1994 16:20:14 -0500
More interesting stuff.

I logged onto Ocean to find more stuff in my mailbox.  After 2 crashes
with mail under Ocean, I figured the safe thing was to SET HOST MIAVX1
and read my mail.  Well, I forgot that I did that, and proceeded on
as usual.

The point is that it took me a while to realize it.  MIAVX1 actually
runs faster that way (there are enough people logged on).  Is this
an unexpected feature?

Also, what is SEA?

John

--
Drivel of the year:
"...DOS is utterly unable to handle more than 1MB of memory.  Removing