MU-VMS Archives

December 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Steve M. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 09:20:08 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]> says:

>Occasionally I want to turn off automatic signature for messages, or at least
>change the placement from the bottom of the message.  How do I do this for one
>message only?  It doesn't seem to work like either the "log" option, or the
>"acknowledge" option.

  This question  refers to Mail  on VM/CMS. First  of all any  time you
  are in  Mail on VM  you can press  F1 and get a  help menu. It  has a
  list of descriptions  of items that you  may want to find  help on. I
  found  this information  under the  item Options  - Change  SEND mode
  options. There is  a caveat however. I didn't find  it on the initial
  help screen. That screen is a  terse description of how to specify an
  option. At  the bottom of the  screen PF1=All. That means  that for a
  longer description  you need  to press F1.  This works  similarly for
  the whole CMS help  system. If you see a PF1= All at  the bottom of a
  help  file you  can get  more  detailed information  by pressing  F1.

  So the answer to the question is that you can type OPT UNSIGN or just
  UNSIGN on  the command line  while in mail  to turn off  an automatic
  signature.