MU-VMS Archives

September 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ralph Goodpaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 20:03:42 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> You've managed to hit one of my many "pet peeves" this one
> being the "can the student handle this change? Is it too
> much for them?" one.

> Of course a good implementation helps.

A good implementation helps a whole hell of a lot.  If the people who made
the decision to use Eudora on floppy saw half of the floppy disks go bad
that I saw go bad last year, then I don't think they would've wanted every
incoming freshman to base their email off of floppy disks.

Of couse, that 1.44 megabytes minus configuration files, is a whole hell
of a lot more then was ever offered to me my previous two years. :-(  Even
with MiamiU and MiaVX1 combined (i think).

As for your point, I agree that with good explanation and implementation
students can handle changes in technology... sometimes scared, but able.

ralph