MUCWFAC Archives

April 2011

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Tuma, Keith W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:28:33 -0400
Hello All,

The David Chambers reading this Thursday evening at 8 pm in Irvin 40 has
been put on the agenda for the College Advisory Board meeting--these are the
distinguished and probably wealthy alums who come around once or twice a
year for meetings about the College--as an optional activity following their
opening dinner with us earlier that evening 6-8. I don't know how many board
members (there are 10 or so) will want to come to the reading, as they
usually prefer to chat with one another--but on the chance that a few do we
need to be at the top of our game, as these are also people who represent
potential supporters of the press.

One thing I am hoping that you'll do is announce the reading on the
department listserv--David or Dana, one of you might do this?--and then in
each of your classes. I'd like that room in Irvin to be decently full.

Another thing I'm hoping for is that we can start a few minutes late--say
8:05 or a few minutes after that. If you see me walking in with someone
you'll know it's a board member.

David, you're introducing, right?  Please work up something that includes a
very brief history of the novella contest ahead of your words about the
Chambers book.

And we'll have books for sale?

Thanks all,

Keith