MUCWFAC Archives

April 2011

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Schloss, David Mr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:06:51 -0400
Since there are only two 2nd year grad poets this year, the choice is simpler. I think Jonny is the more ambitious and stylistically accomplished poet, but I'd like to commend Meghan Prichard's work as well. She's come a long way, as a controlled stylist at least, and has turned into a diligent and cogent (if sometimes somewhat subjective) critic. I'd go with Jonny, but there's much to be said on Meghan's behalf as well.

To amplify on undergrads: Kellie Nadler is the more traditionally lyric poet, but Cody is more expansive and deeply witty. He has a high critical intelligence as well.
There may be others I haven't taught recently...

David