MUEMAIL Archives

March 1997

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 18:36:26 -0500
        Recently PINE has been acting strange. First any posting I
attempted to newsgroups had no text displayed. This was fixed by MCIS by
installing a newer version of PINE. This I was told through this news
group. I'm confused, this problem of text disappearance has not been a
problem in the past so why did PINE suddenly decide to censor me? As the
text problem popped up so did a hitch in my from line in postings. Instead
of my name appearing an abbreviated version of the newsgroup's name shows
up. Why? I checked my configuration file, renamed it,reconfigured it,
deleted it, and changed its name back but to no avail. How can I fix this
annoying quirk?

  Daniel J Rambo
  Cole Service Bldg.
  Miami University