MUMODEMS Archives

August 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:46:17 EST
Hmmmm.  I know I'm about to bring down the wrath of Zeus (or somebody),
but I followed Joe Simpson's faq on setting up WIN95 to use the new
dialup system, plus a few tips from the newsgroup on servers for
Netscape, and I've had NO problems other than an occasional "can not
establish connection" message.  At this, I try again and have always
made the connection.  I've also been dropped a couple of times for
no appearent reason, but this also happens using my Netcom account.

I don't doubt Coleman's and others' problems are real, but maybe there
really ARE ghosts in the machines.  Exorcism sounds good to me.

Just in case, I don't think I'll cancel my Netcom account just yet.
-------
 Richard C. Sherman
 Social Cognition Research Group
 Miami University Department of Psychology
 Oxford, OH  45056
 Phone (513)529-2407 Fax: (513)529-2420
 Email: [log in to unmask]
 WWW:   http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~shermarc