MUMODEMS Archives

October 1995

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:10:35 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
 <[log in to unmask]> says:

>restore an old data file that I erased some months ago.  The back up of
>the file is on my computer, in a box, on the floor of my office.
>
>There is (or at least used to be) a command that would get me into a menu
>to do this simply.  I thought it was "restore" but that didn't work.
>Can anybody help?

 Paul, I presume you are referring to the Kermit file transfer screen in
 Enduser.  To get to that screen start Enduser by pressing F6, then enter
 1 File & Directory Management, 7 Other file management functions,
 2 Personal computer support and then 2 Transfer files to or from your
 PC or Macintosh via Kermit.  Follow the instructions on the screen
 for PC users.  Note that you have to press the ENTER key to start the
 whole process and FINISH at the MS-Kermit prompt to return to VM/CMS.

>By the way, what group SHOULD this go into?

 I would suggest mu.comp.os.vm-cms, for questions about using VM which
 is also referred to a VM/CMS and Miamiu.

-------
Steve Moore - Software Coordinator
              Miami University, Oxford, Ohio