MUMODEMS Archives

September 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 22:17:07 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>         Today  Cincinnati Bell replaced another card that fixed the first
> channel on our T1 spans.  John Harlan posted the typical symptoms of a
> misconfigured T1 channel. This is the same problem that afflicted the previous
 6
> lines diagnosed last week, just a little harder to find since it is the very
> first channel in the 737-2120 hunt group.

Speaking of woes, everytime I dial in lately (about the past week), i
connect and then after ~3 minutes I get disconnected, every time.  Then I
call back and can stay on til I hit 5 hours.  It's highly annoying but
thankfully I have the PPP set to autodial and Linux rlogin reconnects the
old connections if I get the same IP (which I always have to date).

And I could not get PAP/CHAP working under Win95 or Linux a few months
ago.  I repeatedly received the message "The computer you are dialing into
cannot establish a dial up networking connection." until I eventually made
a script under both Linux and Win95 to just use the manual login.  I don't
know if the situation has change (it probably has).

-George