MUSH Archives

May 2007

MUSH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sophia Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Speech & Hearing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 11:47:21 +0200
News Releases Warming Investors Up On GPSI

Global Pay Solutions Inc.
Symbol: GPSI
Close: $0.031

Recent news releases have excited investors. Heavy trading pushed share
prices up to highs of $0.08 (UP 266%). Closing at $0.031 (UP 3%) we
expect to see more traffic and prices shooting up all week. This one is
getting started. Don't miss it. Get on GPSI first thing Tuesday!

From EurekAlert: researchers "have successfully reversed diabetes in
monkeys using transplanted islet cells from pigs.
Web design by Reason.
"We can certainly hope for these things to come to pass!
It's a very challenging population of cells to identify, but thus far in
every cancer in which cells have been carefully screened they have been
found .
That created an opportunity for Chinese researchers. You'll find a brace
of links in the following Fight Aging! HOW RAPIDLY COULD WE BEAT AGING?
The researchers then tracked the cells and determined that they had
stayed in the heart and that the cells were all beating in unison. But
they may also illuminate the cause of atherosclerosis in adults.
"Do we really want to more than double the allotted biblical span?
other possibly experimental restorative effects are discussed. "Do we
really want to more than double the allotted biblical span? Death is an
OutrageRobert A. Also known as hardening of the arteries,
atherosclerosis is a leading cause of heart attacks and strokes.
Inflammation usually increases with age and induces effects similar to
wound healing, which makes tissues stiffer.
" I can't say I'd like to see government involved, but we all know I'm
in a minority there. Therein lies the question - certainly faster for
every additional individual who stands up to support, advocate or
advance medical research. Age, they report, is just another disease, and
curable.
phpIs a span of a few decades plausible or not?
We all know the end of this story, of course, which is that humans are
very good at taking inevitable, horrible things and painting them as
wonderful - or putting them out of sight and out of mind. Do we want to
live longer - if not, why not? "Do we really want to more than double
the allotted biblical span?
Now the challenge is unraveling the knotty problem of solid organs, like
the liver, pancreas, heart, and lungs. Click here to participate in
improving your future health and longevity! The production of blood
vessels is one major obstacle to the creation of larger engineered
replacement tissue, such as organs or portions of organs. Hence this
piece is a good example of many of the errors of thinking about healthy
life extension that seem very hard to get rid of. The slimmer monkeys
staved off the diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and other
weight-related ailments that typically shortened the lives of their
heavier peers.
Sligh and colleagues were surprised to find a panel of mitochondrial DNA
deletions in the tumor-free skin that was adjacent to the tumors, but
not in the tumors themselves.
Robbins and his team injected cells like those directly into the hearts
of mice with severe cardiac disease.
phpEurekAlert reports on an impressive step forward for tissue
engineering and the control of embryonic stem cells: "Melbourne
scientists have grown a human prostate from embryonic stem cells.
Whether death will remain the ultimate consequence of growing old
remains to be seen. We're getting there; much more has been coming out
of the scientific community in the past year, for example.
Instead, researchers should act like engineers, repairing damage to the
body's cells and tissues before it progresses to disease.
Forward it on, or post a copy to your favorite online communities. We
demonstrated the concept with muscle, and this could be useful to treat
wounds and, perhaps some day, muscular dystrophy. It would thus appear
that death can be postponed by various means and healthy ageing extended
by others. Both shed important new light on the progression of progeria,
a rare and fatal genetic condition that causes accelerated aging in
children.
The techniques for doing that are within reach . Either you can build it
like a tank, or you can take very good care of it. The drug was
developed to activate receptors for a brain chemical called
acetylcholine. phpSee what you think and speak your mind if the fancy
takes you.
You'll find a brace of links in the following Fight Aging! The ongoing
clinical studies essentially support not the differentiation of stem
cells into beating cardiomyocytes, but a paracrine effect.
Yet we know it is possible to forestall aging in mammals with a simple
dietary change: calorie restriction works. We have made a therapeutic
antibody against one of the most potent inflammatory agents in the body
and used it to cure arthritis in mice.
Thus, to achieve extreme old age, a much more enabling point of view
emerges: the older an individual gets, the healthier he or she has been.
Fingers are a place to start, but replacements for more vital organs are
the path to extended healthy life spans through this field of medicine.
Click here to see how easy it is. htmLike so many other fields of modern
biotechnology, gene therapy is more commercialized and progressing more
rapidly outside increasingly regulated Western regions. If this were
true, most if not all centenarians would have significant disability.
Rose was not alone in his efforts to move evolutionary biology to the
forefront of aging research, but as outlined in this book, he was the
first to publish compelling data. Activism and advocacy. We will also
make progress in learning how to stop and even reverse the aging
process.
htmlLooking at your own future health and prospects with eyes wide open
is the first step to supporting healthy life extension research.