MUSH Archives

November 1998

MUSH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carey Termeer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Speech & Hearing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:26:53 -0400
Hello everyone.  Just wanted to pass on the following information to
December graduates who think you may eventually want to work in the
schools.  You must submit an application for provisional teaching
certification.  You can get this information from Kathy Salmon in room 200
McGuffey.  The only requirements for SLP's to apply are a Master's degree
and the SLP portion of the NTE (AKA Asha Exam).  One portion of the
application is a fingerprint check which takes 6-8 weeks to process, and
your certificate will not be approved until the fingerprint check is.
So.....I guess we need to get on the ball if you think this is something
you may want to do soon after graduation.  I wasn't sure if you all were
aware of this process (I just clarified it myself today), and wanted to
share the info.  Kathy Salmon gave me her number to pass on to you if you
have any more questions :  529- 6418. She also said she is willing to send
you the info. if you can't make it into her office.
Hope you all are doing well.
Carey