MUTALK Archives

December 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ian Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 16:50:59 GMT
M. C. Mastilak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Mica
h James Cooper) writes:
: > b/c we're more environmentally aware here and realize the disasterous
: > effect that salt can have on local flora and fauna. It also breaks down
: > concrete and asphalt more quickly.
: >
: > M. C. Mastilak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: > : WHy the hell is Oxford the only town I've ever been in without salt for ic
: > : days?  The trails of sand and breadcrumbs just don't quite cut it.
: >

: I SEE!!!

...said the blind man to his deaf wife, listening to the radio, as he
spit into the wind "it's all comming back to me now".

: In typical environmentally sound practice, non-human life takes
: precedent over human life.

Um, yeah, welcome to the 20th century. Personally, I have always believed
that fungi and amoebae are vastly superior...

: No major surprise here.  What bullshit. (But thanks
: for the answer...now I know I have a legitimate complaint.)  How many times am
: I gonna be sacrificed to a bunch of crabgrass and oak trees?   Yes, I do take
: this personally.  I saw about fifteen hundred people fall - near ann into the
: street - because a bunch of candy-ass pinkos are afraid of hurting a worm.
: Last I checked, people are part of the environment...but, as is usually the
: case, the most-hated part.

Well put ;).

: About the
: breakdown of paving surfaces, I'd rather replace them a bit more often and
: actually have them fucking useful while they're here.

Shhh. that would make sense. Now what fun would government be if they
actually did their jobs well?

: I didn't intend any of this as an assault on the poster of the foul, nasty
: truth...I just hate environmentalism.

Hmm. Nix on that though. While it can be taken too far, just turning this
dirtball over to the chemical industry isn't my idea of intelligent...

: M. Christian "I take priority over a damned bird anytime" Mastilak

Most "Fungi are superior beings and should be acknowledged as such" Holy
--
Now put that in yer pipe and smoke it!