MUTALK Archives

April 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Rowland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 14:55:30 -0500
Do you have extensive computer skills that you would like to put to use
to help Associated Student Government and the student body?  Are you familiar
with the World Wide Web?  Do you have some programing experience?  If so, you
strongly consider applying for next year's *paid* ASG technical internship.

The tasks that the Technology Intern will be be responsible for have not yet
been totally defined, we're still very open to your ideas.  Apply and you'll
be able to help direct what ASG plans to do to improve our use of computer
technologies and how we serve the student body.

Applications are available in the ASG Office at 374 Shriver and are due
this Friday April 14th.

Some of the ideas for the Intern that are already under consideration
include the following:

Weekly Tasks for the Technology Intern:
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
o Update ASG World Wide Web (WWW) page minutes, agendas,
  legislation, etc.
o Answer technology queries from Cabinet.
o Answer technology queries from Student Senators.

Projects for Technology Intern:
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
o Work with MCIS, Student Affairs, and ASG to help create and
  implement an online calender database.
o Create and implement an online book buy-back program, software may be
  attainable from other Universities which have already implemented such
  a program.
o Create a parliamentary procedure World Wide Web page.
o Create a comprehensive University governance structure page
  with e-mail links to various contacts.
o Assist VP for Communication with organizing technology
  orientation for ASG.
o Assist VP for Communication with organizing World Wide Web
  orientation for student organizations and student leaders.

                       Pick up an application today!

         Applications are available in the ASG Office, 374 Shriver

             -*- Applications are due Friday April 14th -*-

 Interviews will be conducted Monday April 17th at 6:00pm in the ASG Office

           Should you have any questions, call ASG at 529-6019,

             or e-mail John C. Rowland at [log in to unmask]

Good luck!  If you know somebody who may be interested in the position,
please forward this message to them via e-mail.  Thanks!

/jr
--
J. C. Rowland                                   [log in to unmask]
Vice President for Communications-Elect         [log in to unmask]