MUTALK Archives

May 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Aaron Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 13:33:48 -0500
Neschek ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Since I haven't seen any news regarding the recent network outage, I'll let
: y'all know what I know; over this weekend, we had a power outage which
affected
: our main connection to the world outside Miami U.  MCIS, the phone company,
and
: a cast of thousands are working to resolve this problem, but for now we're on
: our auxiliary line which means that any off-campus Internet connections are
: gonna progress like molasses.

        And it's quite noticeable too.  Makes telneting in an all day
activity.   Any time schedule on when this will be fixed?

--
---
             http://nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu/~atporter