OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2024

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:44:18 -0400
I had a Greater Yellowlegs at Newtown Gravel. That might be my earliest.
Have to check. It’s not that early though. I went out this late afternoon
To check these 2 spots. Hoping for an early Rough winged Swallow!
They are back in Clinton County. Why would they bypass Hamilton??
Well, they did. I couldn’t find any. Coot and Pied billed grebes still around
Here in numbers. Other waterfowl was just ones and twos. Bufflehead,
Ruddy, etc. 4 Bonapartes gulls were at Newtown Gravel. They are on the
Move.

Foy Osprey was back in Indiana. I was on the ASO trip to Brookville Lake.
I love that spot! We had great numbers of Bald Eagles. More than I recall
For a March visit there.

I heard Osprey was back in Butler county also.

Most stuff was on Newtown Gravel instead of Lake Barber this afternoon.
No idea why the birds move around there.

Good birding all. Here’s hoping these winds die back Monday! I broke out
My winter coat for this afternoons outing! I was ill prepared for the morning…..

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini