OHIOAIR Archives

September 1997

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daryl Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:01:23 -0400
Please consider attending one of the upcoming meetings on the Ohio Board of
Regents' new information system.

Memorandum

To:     Members of Ohio's Higher Education Community
From:   Elaine H. Hairston, Chancellor
Date:   September 8, 1997
Re:     Regional Meetings on the Higher Education Information (HEI) System

As you know, the HEI (Higher Education Information) project has been
underway for about four years. The purpose of the project is to design a
replacement for the Ohio Board of Regents' thirty-year-old data collection
mechanism, the Uniform Information System (UIS). With the first academic
term of 1998, we will begin using HEI to collect data from all of Ohio's
public colleges and universities. To help make that transition from UIS to
HEI as smooth as possible, we will conduct a series of regional meetings to
share information and answer questions about the State's Higher Education
Information system.

You are invited to attend one of the meetings listed below. Whatever your
particular interest in HEI, these meetings represent opportunities to learn
and to contribute to the continuing development of one of the State's
important information resources. The agenda will emphasize issues related to
student enrollment data, but will also include presentations on data to
describe faculty, staff, facilities, and finances. In addition, there will
be discussions of resource analysis and instructional subsidy calculation.

This is an open invitation. Anyone interested in data about higher education
in Ohio is invited to attend. For more information and to submit an
electronic RSVP, please go to the HEI Web site (www.bor.ohio.gov/hei/). You
may also contact Daryl Wright at [log in to unmask] or (614) 728-8863.

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude for the hospitality of the
presidents and staffs of the host campuses. We have long recognized the
importance of campus participation in the work of building HEI, and we
especially appreciate the additional efforts by individuals at these five
campuses.

        HEI Regional Meetings, Fall 1997
        October 3: Marion Technical College
        October 9: Ohio University
        October 23: University of Toledo
        October 31: Miami University
        November 6: Cuyahoga Community College

c: Dr. J. Richard Bryson, President, Marion Technical College
Dr. Robert Gliddden, President, Ohio University
Dr. Frank E. Horton, President, University Of Toledo
Dr. James Garland, President, Miami University
Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton, President, Cuyahoga Community College