OHIOAIR Archives

October 2001

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Larry Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:22:39 -0400
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone who was in attendance at the OAIRP Fall Conference this past Friday in Columbus.  It was a great success!  We had 65 people in attendance, a record for OAIRP (not necessarily for OAIR and/or OCCUP).  The minutes from the Business Meeting will be posted soon to the OAIRP Web site, and the new membership list will be posted soon, too.  I will make an announcement to you via this listserv once those postings have been completed.

I would like to thank our speakers, Mr. Scott Rife from Wright State, Dr. Tom Gaylord from the University of Akron, Dr. Craig Clagett from Carroll Community College in Westminter, Maryland, and Harold Horton, Jay Johnson, and Dr. Stephanie McCann from HEI.  In addition, I would like  to thank Daryl Wright from the University of Toledo and Conrad McRoberts from Bowling Green State University for participating on the panel discussion concerning data warehousing.

I will mention one happening from the Business Meeting in case you need to contact someone from the organization for any reason before the minutes are posted.  Your officers for 2001-2002 are:

Larry Hunter, Columbus State Community College, President (thank you so much for re-electing me to a second term!)
Lee Mortimer, Wright State University/University of Cincinnati, Vice-President
Michael O'Connor, David Myers College,Treasurer
Eileen Doherty, Lakeland Community College, Secretary (new member of E. C.)

The members of the Executive Committee, besides the four officers are:

Becky Geltz, Youngstown State University
Daryl Wright, University of Toledo (new member of E. C.)
Diane Petruccio, Ursuline College
Pete Teitelman, College of Mount St. Joseph's (new member of E. C.)
Penelope Parmer, Sinclair Community College

So, again, thank you for your support of OAIRP.  Soon, the Executive Committee will begin planning for the Spring Conference, to be held at the University of Akron.  If you have ideas of what you would like to see in the Spring, please feel free to contact any member of the E. C. listed above.  Contact information will be on the OAIRP Web site soon.  Until then, have a great quarter/semester/whatever!  ;-)

Larry Hunter
2001-2002 President
Ohio Association for Institutional Research and Planning